About the Chapter
The Susquehanna Valley Chapter was established in 2012 and currently has over 100 members who reside in the greater Central Pennsylvania area.
Our chapter area generally covers the area from Carlisle to Harrisburg to Reading to the Lehigh Valley to Lancaster to York.
While our members support the mission of the U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association, the members of the Susquehanna Valley Chapter are of the opinion that they can be more effective to the Naval Academy and the community through active social and business networking. Now positioned in various private, corporate, and government roles, we have the opportunity and ability to provide networking, referrals, and relationship-building activities for our membership to help develop or advance their careers. Whether currently actively seeking new employment opportunities, transitioning from active duty status, or completely comfortable in a current position, the Susquehanna Valley Chapter can help by providing opportunities.
To serve and support the Naval Academy, the Naval Service, The United States of America, and the Chapter members:
- By communicating the message of the Naval Academy to the area alumni.
- By seeking out, informing, encouraging and assisting outstanding, qualified young men and women to pursue careers as officers in the Navy and Marine Corps through the Naval Academy.
- Initiating and sponsoring activities which will:
- Perpetuate the history, traditions, and memories of the Naval Academy,
- Strengthen the Naval Academy, and
- Bind alumni together in support of the highest ideals of command, citizenship, and government.
- Encourage and facilitate:
- Friendships and associations,
- Mentoring and advising relationships, and
- Aid to the members.
If you are a resident of our chapter area or visit or have a connection that you want to strengthen with our members, please join us.